W-I-RAR-I Technique Case Study in Practical Creativity

In a previous article we have studied W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique.

Now let's look at a practical Example.

  • Step-1

Write on a piece of paper a Statement / Definition of the challenge or problem you are working on. Keep in mind to write using HIW - Method.


Example: In what ways could I start a business?


  • Step-2

Identify a Key Word in the definition from the Step-1 that in your opinion captures either:

  • The essence and the goal of the statement;
  • The Motivation behind Step-1. 

More details on how to use the Key Drivers Technique.

Example: Independence.

Example connecting S-1 and S-2: In what ways could I start a business so that I have more Independence?

  • Step-3

Randomly select an word or picture.
Further clarification of how to use the Random technique.

Example: Robot.

  • Step-4

Analogy finding for the Word or Picture selected at the Step 3.
More details on how to use the Analogy technique.

Example: Computer Program.

  • Step-5

Relate the Analogy found in Step-4 back to either :

  • The Initial statement from Step-1;
  • The Keyword from Step-2;
  • Both of them Connected;
More details on how to use the Relate Back Technique.


Examples:
  • How  could I use Computer Programs to start a Business?
  • What if I were to think of my business like a Computer program?
  • How may I structure my business like  a Programmer organizes his Code?
  • What if I were to start a business that would sell Computer Programs?
  • How to organize my business like ca Computer Program so that I'm more Independent?
  • How to use IF.....THEN and other Computer Program language patters to think about starting and running a business? 


  • Step-6
IF at the end of Step 5 you feel discontent with the Ideas and Solutions you came up repeat Steps 3-5 until you find at least one workable solution. 
Steps 3-5 are the RAR part of the W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique.



Example:
In the example above I feel that I've some new and practical Questions / Ideas about how to approach starting a new business from a different perspective.

However if you felt that you want different perspective you would go back and repeat Steps 3-5, i.e RAR part of the W-I-RAR-I Technique.

S3 - TRAP (a device or enclosure designed to catch and retain animals, typically by allowing entry but not exit or by catching hold of a part of the body.);
S4 - HOLE COVERED BY TREE BRANCHES;
S5 -
  • How  could I avoid the holes in starting a Business?
  • Who could I ask for advice to know which traps to avoid?
  • What if I were to start a business that would offer protection to people that accidentally fall in Holes?
  • What if I were to start a business that would sell Tree Branches?
  • What are the current Holes, that I'm aware of,  in my thinking about starting and running a business?

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(320)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !