W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique for Problem Solving and Generating New Perspectives

W-I-RAR-I is a creativity technique I've developed that might help to come up with new ideas and / or solve some of the problems and challenges you face. It is closely related to Analogical Thinking.

      • W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique is based on the following assumptions:

  • We tend to think in and repeat habitual reasoning patterns. 
  • If no external input in provided (either deliberately or by chance) we'll tend to follow the same lines of thought;
  • If we were to make a conscious choice of an input to insert in our patterns, we'll tend to select something consistent with prevailing patterns of thought;
  • The human mind cannot think of any 2 dissimilar Objects / Processes, without trying to come up Relationships, Meanings, Similarities and / or Differences.

      • What can you expect from W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique?

  • In the beginning the  results might be disappointing;
  • As with any other tool or technique the more you use is the better you'll get at it.
  • The more you practice it the more you might start to notice subtle differences and come up with higher quality ideas;
  • If you're looking for a bullet proof method to solve your problem this technique might not be for you;
  • W-I-RAR-I technique will increase your chances of coming up with solutions and ideas without providing 100% guarantees;
  • In the end it is up to to evaluate the degree of usefulness of the the ideas provided by the W-I-RAR-I  technique.


      • When to use W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique?

  • Whenever your are trying to invent or innovate something. 
  • If you are working on a problem / challenge that you have difficulties with.
  • Whenever you feel that you are stuck either at the beginning of a project or while implementing it.
  • If you hit a roadblock and would like to get some new and fresh Ideas / Solutions.


        • How to use W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique?

    • Step-1

    Write on a piece of paper a Statement / Definition of the challenge or problem you are working on. Keep in mind to write using HIW - Method.


    • Step-2
    Identify a Key Word in the definition from the Step-1 that in your opinion captures either:

      • The essence and the goal of the statement or;
      • The Motivation behind Step-1. 

      More details on how to use the Key Drivers Technique.



    • Step-3
    Randomly select an word or picture.
    Further clarification of how to use the Random technique.


    • Step-4

    Analogy finding for the Word or Picture selected at the Step 3.
    More details on how to use the Analogy technique.


    • Step-5

    Relate the Analogy found in Step-4 back to:

    • Initial statement from Step-1;
    • The Keyword from Step-2;

    More details on how to use the Relate Back Technique.


    • Step-6
    IF at the end of Step 5 you feel discontent with the Ideas and Solutions you came up repeat Steps 3-5 until you find at least one workable solution. 
    Steps 3-5 are the RAR part of the W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique.




        • Why Use W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique?

    • Because if you are stuck it increases your chances of breaking free of you cliche patterns of thought and will give you new perspectives.

    Study a Practical Example of the W-I-RAR-I Creativity Technique Application .




    Post a Comment

    0 Comments
    * Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

    #buttons=(Accept !) #days=(320)

    Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
    Accept !