What is Purpose / Meaning of Life #2 - Be the Creator Experiment

   In a previous article , #1 Future Self Experiment , we have explored a creative, intuitive and imaginative approach to find the Purpose of our Lives.


Today we are going to explore the Meaning or Purpose of Life from a different perspective.

 Be the Creator / Designer of the Purpose and Meaning of your Life!


I feel that behind the assertion Find / Discover the Meaning / Purpose or your Life, there are several implicit assumptions.

It's like Someone / Something (God or other Entity) had predefined the Meaning / Purpose of your life and all you have to do is to Find / Discover it.

Like someone had written in advance a some sort of a Map or a Movie Script for your Life , then decided to hide it away.

Going from these premises your Meaning or Purpose in Life would be then to find or discover this hidden Movie script for your life and then act upon it.

It sounds like having a predefined destiny or destiny.

The only way to be happy would then be to live according to the Movie Script written by someone else for you. Doing something else than what was destined for you leads to misery, unhappiness and life failure.
Keep in mind that starting from this premises many people Search their entire life to Find/Discover their one and only predefined Destiny and end up disappointed because they haven't found it!

Be aware that another implication in this scenario is that there is only one right Destiny / Movie script for your entire life!

But how do you know what is your Destiny , your predefined Movie Script?

Usually one would answer that "I just know it!".  If you dig deeper some other answers might be: "I have a gut feeling about it!", "It feels right for me!".

So basically in the end it seems that it's a matter of personal choice based on a gut feeling.
Most likely we have some subconscious criteria and when we feel that they are being meet we get to say that we have found the meaning or purpose of our life.


Some people like this approach because when they fail at something or things go wrong they get to blame the Destiny, Fate or even God!

You may hear them say: "It wan't meant to be!" , "This is how it was supposed to happen!", "God wanted it so!", "It was fate!",  "It was God's will!"


Let me propose to you an alternative Paradigm, Way of looking at, Thinking about and Approaching The Meaning and Purpose of Your Life!

What if we were to start with the premise that WE (You and Me) are the Creators / Designers of the Meaning and Purpose of our Lives?


What if we were to embrace that we have both the Freedom and Responsibility for Purpose / Meaning of our Live? And we get to do that EVERY DAY!?


How would your life change if instead of wasting your time looking for something that probably doesn't exist you would spend it to define it, design it, create it? 

What if you get to Test and Experiment multiple Purposes and Meanings over the course of your life?

This Paradigm shift might be a bit scary at first given that you go from being a puppet that follows a limited and narrow script  to a new wide world, rich in possibilities and choices.

Now you have the Power to Choose and Give the Meaning you want to your life!

So I invite you to reflect deeper on the previous ideas and the following questions:


  • What Meaning do I choose to give this or that Experience in my Life?
  • What other empowering Meanings could I give this Experience in my Life?
  • For what Purpose or Reasons do I choose to be alive today? 
Realize and accept that most likely you have power  decide, to some extent, whether or not you choose to be alive. So if that's true and you decide to be alive 

I invite you to go a step further and proactively define and choose WHY you choose to live today, tomorrow...next year. 

The default alternative for most of us is living on automated pilot, following some unconscious script. 
  • What could I do today that would enrich the Meaning of my life?
  • What justification do I have for living?
  • What Meaning or Meanings could I give to my Life that would empower me and make Life worth living?
  • What means to me to be alive?
  • In what ways could I define and design the meaning of my life?
  • What if I were to Let Go or Redefine some old Meanings / Purposes for life?
  • What Meaning do I choose my life to have today?
  • When I'll look back on my Life what would I like to have Meant?

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(320)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !